Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tapas in the park

Back in February of 2012 I attended a fundraiser for a quartet of long distance trailwalkers that were planning to walk a 100km track in the Dandenong mountains area.  It was all in aid of Oxfam's Trailwalker series that is held across Australia annually.  A couple of my work collegues were part of this team and they had organised an evening of paella and tapas in the newly renovated Victoria Park picnic area to help raise funds towards their team's grand total for Oxfam.  
The table is cluttered with delicious mouthfuls of goodness made with love
I put these pics up on the team's facebook wall but felt they also had a home on my blog too, since there was so much spectacular food about.  The best part is that it was all largely made by people with one thing in common, and that is this satisfyingly infectious state of being a big-time foodie.  
A welcoming platter of Spanish Tortilla, Stuffed Piquillo Peppers and Empanadas 




These tortilla squares did not last long! 


Creamy Filled Croquettas - my very favourite tapas by a long shot  


Putting the final additions to the paella...smelling good already




Another section of the picnic table laden with spicy dips, crusty bread and an impressive olive collection!


My love for bread is reason enough why this picture made the cut!


The prawns join the party and it's about to begin!


Some Sangria to wash it down...thank you very much!!


Most delicious meatball bathed in a rich tomato sauce....mmmm!


I see cooked rice so it must be.....time for fiesta of the taste buds - bring on the paella!


One plate is never enough!  I hope I get an invite again next year.

No comments: